Wednesday 20 August 2014

Back to blogging (again) / Journey to Bali (Part 1)

Hi readers! I'm back to blogging (again). Honestly, I have lost count of how many times I started and deleted a blog because of my (very) busy life as a student. LOL... Well,  I have unofficially graduated from Sunway University (like finally), and my convocation is yet to come in October. Can't wait!

Currently self-studying for my upcoming level 1 CFA exam in December, I thought of starting up a blog to de-stress a little by writing on random topics of interest. Once in a while, I enjoy spending time going through blogs by some of my favorite bloggers such as fourfeetnine, timothytiah, xiaxue, cheesie, bobostephanie, kennysia, and etc.

Since I had a trip to Bali two weeks ago,  I shall share some of my travel experiences as my very first blog post. I will try to make it as informative as possible so that it'll be helpful for those who are planning to have a trip there.

One of the more popular ways to travel around Bali would be to hire a local driver. I got the number of the driver from a friend of mine and contacted him through whatsapp to let him know about our travel details. The price was pretty reasonable for only USD35/day. For those who are looking for a local driver, you may contact the one I hired; Wayan Sudana (+6281337040630). Although he may be a little quiet, he's pretty responsible :)

Day 1: Sunset at Tanah Lot

It took us around 3hours to fly from KLIA2 to Bali. Upon arrival at the airport, there were many local drivers who would be holding names of the ones who hired their service. I searched for my name, confirmed that he's Wayan Sudana, and we were good to go. Pretty convenient ;)

Since it was lunch time when we arrived at Bali, the driver took us to IIGA Warung Jimbaran for the famous pork ribs. Oh yes, if you fancy pork, Bali will be your best destination. They do serve real good juicy pork meat, marinated with heavenly smoked BBQ sauce. Price was affordable, a portion of pork ribs was priced around RM30+ before tax. What makes dining at Bali expensive is its tax at a whopping 21%!

   Pork ribs @IIGA Warung Jimbaran

After lunch, we continued our journey to Tanah Lot temple to catch sunset. The place was beautiful. I did not bother to enter the temple because of the super long queue. And one important thing to note is to buy whatever souvenir that you would like to buy right there at Tanah Lot. You would notice that the stalls at Bali sell similar goods, and from what I observed, Tanah Lot offers the cheapest price for the same goods. I regretted not splurging at Tanah Lot. I had no idea cause it was my first destination at Bali. 

    Sunset at Tanah Lot
   Tanah Lot temple
   Oh, and did I mention how amazed I was to see dreamcatchers everywhere??
   I'm an avid fan of dreamcatchers (don't you think they're so pretty??)
   and of course, I bought quite a few dreamcatchers there and then. 
   Couldn't control myself XD 
   Happy apple face haha.

Yep, so after our trip to Tanah Lot, we travelled to Ubud and checked in to our rooms at Dewa Bharata bungalows. If you're looking at a basic, affordable accommodation, then this place may be right for you since it's within walking distance to Ubud's Main Street. However, I would not return to this accommodation for the following reasons: bed sheets smelled weird, lousy breakfast ( newbie cookers like me can cook wayyy better) and worst of all, we couldn't even get a proper shower due to water shortage.We were told to wait for an hour or two for the water to be pumped into the tank every night when we complained that there was no water. Wth.

   Outside view of my room
    Swimming pool at Dewa Bharata that I never used

I guess that's about it for part 1. Stay tuned for part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment