Wednesday 20 August 2014

Journey to Bali (Part 2)


Day 2: Kintamani, rice field and coffee farm

Day 2 of our trip was pretty slow and easy. We headed to Kintamani from Ubud to a famous temple that overlooks a deadly beautiful volcano. Speaking of the weather, I am extremely 'thankful' towards my friend who advised me to bring my face and body sunscreen to prepare for the excruciatingly hot, cloudless weather at Bali he encountered when he was there a week or two before my trip. And there I was, ready for the worse and sprayed all over with Sunplay SPF 80+. But guess what, throughout our five days at Bali, the weather was similar to Genting Highlands and I could barely survive without my jacket (lucky I brought one)... According to the locals, it is usually the coldest in July and August. Lesson learnt. Will bring thicker clothes during my next visit. Thanks buddy T_T

    Kintamani temple


   Volcano view

Next stop, we went to a coffee farm at Bali Pulina Plantations to try the famous Luwak coffee ( aka cat poo coffee). At first I was reluctant to try at the thought of drinking coffee made out of coffee beans that are expelled together with cat poo. But after a briefing by the guide at the coffee farm, I understand that there is a coating that is removed from the coffee bean, so the coffee beans are not actually contaminated by the cat poo. So yeah, cat poo coffee is hygienic enough to drink. 

   The so-called kitty meow
One of the reasons why the whole coffee farm experience was perfect was the great hospitality we received. Friendly staffs greeted and briefed us through the farm and served us with free drinks! (Picture above) Of course, we felt quite paiseh to drink only the free drinks so we ordered two cups of Luwak coffee that cost us around RM18 per cup I think. Luwak coffee is known to be the most expensive coffee anyway.
   My 'tai-tai' pose while holding my cup of Luwak coffee

After coffee farm, we went to a paddy field which was really pretty. I remember learning about the 'staircase' land (tanah bertingkat or sth like that) that is shaped the way it is to prevent corrosion during Geography class back in high school (how time flies...)
   Showing off my Brandy Melville inspired #OOTD at the paddy field LOL

That's about it for Day 2! Will update part 3 real soon :)






No comments:

Post a Comment